Our challenge this week has been set by our teamie Leslie – and unfortunately she is moving on to new challenges and is standing down from our DT. It’s been a pleasure to be on the DT with her – I would strongly suggest you go over to her blog and catch up with her new ventures…
Anyway, back to the card. The theme this time round was Stripes, and I looked through my stash for suitable paper and ended up looking at my Serif Digi kits. Like everything else, I keep buying them, and never use them! This year my resolution has been to use the things I buy, so I used craft artist 2 to pull together the basics of my card.
However, because I actually like to physically do it, what I did was to make some layers and then physically cut out some of the other things to embellish the card.
The Digikit that most of the components came from was a Daisytrail kit called Sew in Love. I printed off the stripey paper first, and used that as the base layer on my fave 6 x 6 square card. I used two types of spotty paper for the next layer, and then realised that you could then barely notice the stripes – so I cut the second spotty square out to show the stripes below. The flowers were also part of the digi kit, so I printed off a selection (adjusting the sizes for some of them) and then cut them out. I painted them with some wink of stella pen (clear) to give them some glitz and arranged them on my card, sticking them in place with glossy accents. I used buttons from my stash for the centres.
All that remained was what to put in the stripy square without hiding them – and of course, the answer is butterflies! I cut two memory box butterflies out and coloured them with distress inks (gold Pebeo gilding wax on the body) before going over them with the wink of stella pen too. I attached them with the glossy accents – and was really pleased with the outcome.
One more piece of kit getting dusty in my workroom used!