Xmas 2015

Copyright

I hope you enjoy reading this blog and find inspiration and ideas from what you have seen here but I would ask you to please respect my copyright and not use my pictures for publishing as your own work, or for entry into challenges.

Wednesday 18 February 2015

A quick card…

This card was one I needed super quick – and while I was in work, at that!

2015-02-12 15.37.11

I realised during the morning that it was my friend’s birthday the following day – so as I always keep a bit of stash in my drawer at work “just in case” I  rummaged through it and came up with a pullout of paper and images from Making Cards magazine to make my card during my lunch break.  It was limited resources, but I decided to treat it as a challenge.

I used my trusty 6 inch square base card, and used a square of the plain side of one of the sheets as my base layer (don’t you hate it when they double side the paper?  I always feel I am losing a sheet, not gaining one!) and then took some strips from the patterned sides to use as decoration and sentiment. 

I cut the large butterfly out from one of the sheets, and although you can’t really see it in the pic, coloured over the wings with my wink of stella clear pen. 

Finally, I went around the edges in a white gel pen to make faux stitching. 

And hey presto!  Ultra quick birthday card!

No comments:

Post a Comment