Lin is hosting our challenge today and would like to see your creations without any patterned papers on them!
For my card, I used a 7 x 5 blank white card. I distressed around the edges with Victorian Velvet distress ink.
Onto the card base, I layered a piece of scrap white card, that I had run through my cut n boss with a butterfly embossing folder, and which I had coloured with broken china distress ink to bring out the embossing. I rounded the corners with my x cut large corner rounder.
For my topper, I stamped a woodware stamped image onto a plain piece of white card and rounded the corners. Then I coloured in the image using promarkers in shades to match the distress inks (sorry, I forgot to note the actual shades used).
Next, I cut the card into three equal size strips, and distressed all four edges of each with the victorian velvet ink. Then, I reassembled them onto a piece of black card, leaving a narrow border in between the strips. I then trimmed the black card to leave a narrow border all round but leaving a gap at the bottom for the sentiment. I rounded off the corners of the black card to match the base layer.
I attached the sentiment (piece of scrap white card with corners rounded and stamped with versafine ink pad and heat embossed in a turquoise powder) after distressing the edges and stuck two faux pearls on either side.
Finally, I used my wink of stella pen to add some lustre to the leaves and some stickles to add some sparkle to the stamen of the flowers.