Sunday, 6 October 2013
I find it hard to come up with cards for men at the best of times, and with a shortened timescale decided to keep it clean and simple.
I used a plain white card base, which I layered with red card. Then I used one of my new Die D-lites from Spellbinders to cut out the filligree heart in the centre of a white square. This showed through the red from underneath. The top heart was cut using both elements from the die set in the same red as the base layer.
I stamped the banner and cut it out from the white card, but had no sentiments that would easily fit. So I turned to my trusty peel offs. They were in silver though, and I wanted them to be red... Thank goodness for Promarkers! I used Poppy to colour the sentiments, and the three small hearts in the top right hand corner.
And because it still looked a bit unfinished, I used the thin nib on the promarker to make some faux stitching around the edge.
I am entering this card into the following challenge:
papercreatorscrafts Challenge 15 - Dies or Punches