Xmas 2015

Copyright

I hope you enjoy reading this blog and find inspiration and ideas from what you have seen here but I would ask you to please respect my copyright and not use my pictures for publishing as your own work, or for entry into challenges.

Tuesday 1 November 2011

Birthday card for Josephine.

I got a little reminder pop up from my LJ list today to say that it is Josephine's birthday. 

So it is too late to post the original, but I thought I would dedicate this card to her - and hope that she has a wonderful day!

The card is a 6x6 portrait white base, which was distressed around the edges with vintage photo distress ink.  I used some copper tone paper which was punched along one edge with a Martha Stewart punch and a piece of scrap from my box to form the background. 

The topper was a crafty individuals stamp, stamped using the vintage photo distress ink and coloured with distress inks - vintage photo, victorian velvet and a combo of bundled sage and pine needles.  I used a stardust pen to colour the bee wings. I mounted the topper onto pink mulberry paper, which was wetted and torn to get a frayed edge.

The flowers were all made from scrap paper and punches, and were made into a bouquet with the addition of some punched leaves and a white chiffon ribbon tinted with the vintage photo distress ink tied into a bow.  All were glued into place with pinflair glue.

Finally, I stamped a greeting top and bottom on the patterned paper.

2 comments:

  1. This is just utterly stunning!
    I love it all! The flowers are just perfect! She'll love it!
    Hugs M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's gorgeous! I love the soft colours and that floral embellishment is stunning.

    (Coming late to the party - I still haven't got back into checking around blogs regularly since I took a break for the summer.)

    ReplyDelete