Xmas 2015

Copyright

I hope you enjoy reading this blog and find inspiration and ideas from what you have seen here but I would ask you to please respect my copyright and not use my pictures for publishing as your own work, or for entry into challenges.

Sunday 17 July 2011

New Baby Girl card

A colleague in work has recently become a father for the first time, and I was asked to make a card for everyone to sign. 

I had a bit of a mental blank at first, but finally remembered I had some clear stamps of small hands and feet - and a neat sentiment.

I used pink tartan as the background paper, matted onto a plain pink to provide a narrow border, and an ~A5 portrait white base card.  I used a small flower punch to make a pink "ribbon" for the bottom of the card, and used the flowers to make a similar border at the top.

The topper was made with a nestie label number 1 in the same pink as the base layer, and a nestie label number 5 for the centre which was stamped with the images.  Both layers were distressed with Victorian Velvet distress ink before being layered.  I used foam pads to add some height to the white label number 5. 

A small pale pink bow was used at the top of the base layer, and a strip of paper lace was used across the card underneath the topper where the final sentiment was placed, using pinflair glue gel.

There are also two embossed lines top and bottom of the base card, but it isn't very clear from the photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment