Xmas 2015

Copyright

I hope you enjoy reading this blog and find inspiration and ideas from what you have seen here but I would ask you to please respect my copyright and not use my pictures for publishing as your own work, or for entry into challenges.

Sunday 5 October 2014

Male birthday card - going for a hike

I'm what I call a hybrid crafter - I mix and match traditional with cyber crafting all the time.  This comes in useful when your commission is for obscure things - like "he likes walking, New Zealand and beer"

I defy anyone to include all that without using the internet or photos!

So, this was my effort.  As a number of people would be signing the card, I made the base A5 portrait.

I downloaded and printed an excerpt of a map of New Zealand that included the Kitakita falls (a favourite spot, apparently) and distressed the edges using distress inks (vintage photo/walnut stain) and mounted it first onto brown and then onto a lighter beige cardstock.  Onto the base I stuck a photo of a tray of beers (after a long walk, surely welcome) and a photo of a rucksack and boots. Using my My Memories software I removed the names from a photo of a signpost and added my greetings to the spokes, then stuck that onto the map too.

Before mounting the whole thing onto the card base, I wrapped some string around it, which was tied in a knot.

The final touches were the peel off photo corners, which I stuck on the corners of the map page.



1 comment:

  1. A really innovative card. I love the printed map which you have distressed. And the altered sign post is fabulous. I bet the recipient of the card will really appreciate how personalized it is. Hope you have had a good weekend. Sally D.x.

    ReplyDelete