Xmas 2015

Copyright

I hope you enjoy reading this blog and find inspiration and ideas from what you have seen here but I would ask you to please respect my copyright and not use my pictures for publishing as your own work, or for entry into challenges.

Thursday 11 September 2014

A polkadoodles cutie... male birthday card

So my new Polkadoodles CD arrived today, and it totally distracted me from my planned "To Do" list (not hard when that's mainly housework!)

I'm not usually a lover of "cute" but this little fisher bear was just perfect for a 70th birthday card I have been commissioned to make for my friend J to send.

It's on my favourite 6 x 6 card base, and every single thing else (except the twine, of course) came from the decoupage design sheet printed from the cd.  Oh, plus one of the kraft backing sheets and some layering card (cream and kraft) from my "bits bin")

There are 4 layers on that bear in a boat!! I did it with pinflair glue gel though, as foam pads would have raised it too much and it is still postable.

I glossed the buttons and the bear's nose with glossy accents and it finished it off perfectly.

I am entering this card into the following challenge:

Through the craftroom door - anything goes

3 comments:

  1. I can see why you are so please, J! This is one very sweet card, and yet, masculine at the same time! So pretty! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie, this is fantastic! You're right that little fishing bear is perfect for a 70 bday card! I just love the neutral tones and your touch of twine!! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great male card J, and still cute :-D
    Thanks for joining the TTCRD challenges.
    Hugs,Sandra

    ReplyDelete