Xmas 2015

Copyright

I hope you enjoy reading this blog and find inspiration and ideas from what you have seen here but I would ask you to please respect my copyright and not use my pictures for publishing as your own work, or for entry into challenges.

Tuesday 17 May 2016

Crafty Cardmakers challenge 164 - Stitching, Faux or Real

Maike is hosting our Stitching, Faux or Real challenge  this week. Your stitching can be embroidery, hand stitching, machine stitching, drawn or stamped stitching or even die cuts that create stitched edges.
 
You can enter anything you fancy, it doesn't have to just be cards, as long as it meets the challenge, and doesn't exceed the 15 total challenges entered rule!

I do have a sewing machine, but it's currently buried under a mountain of other things, so I decided to rely on my favourite faux stitching for my card.

The base card was a 7 x 5 plain white one, and I layered onto it a black mat with a black and white patterned layer with a strip of ribbon wrapped around it.  

The topper was a diecut figure (tattered lace) mounted onto white card, and then onto black card.  I did the faux stitching on the black card in white, and on the white card in black.  I did the same for the small sentiment, which was also diecut.  I mounted the topper onto the base using foam pads, and used one foam pad on the right hand side with glue on the left to apply the sentiment.  

Final touches was the bow out of the same black ribbon applied to the right of the image and the three gems in the top left hand corner.

2 comments:

  1. This card is all class thanks to that beautiful image and the layout and choice of colours. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is all class thanks to that beautiful image and the layout and choice of colours. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete