Xmas 2015

Copyright

I hope you enjoy reading this blog and find inspiration and ideas from what you have seen here but I would ask you to please respect my copyright and not use my pictures for publishing as your own work, or for entry into challenges.

Monday 10 August 2015

Challenge 145 - Warm summer colours

Bec is hosting for us this time and would like to see your creations with lovely warm summer colours. 

I chose to make a card focussing on a seaside view this time, again using some scrap card from my stash.  

I have lots of squares of watercolour card because my watercolour pad is A4 - inevitably I trim it square, so end up with that long strip over!  

The base cards were edged with a punch (sorry - forgot which one!) which had a look of waves about it, and were layered.
 
For my topper, I used an acrylic block on which I scribbled in random lines using my aqua water colour pens.  When I had the colours about right, I spritzed it with water, and then pressed the block itself onto the water colour card.

This left me with some stripes, and I used some hobbyart stamps to make a scene, using black ink.  I coloured the stamps in using the aqua pens - it's amazing how you can give definition to random lines just with a few images!

I finished the card off with a stamped seashell, that I coloured with one of the pens.

I haven't put a sentiment on there yet - not sure if I want it to be a birthday or what.  I've found myself doing this more often now - it adds a bit of versatility to the cards when I am choosing which occasion to use them for.

3 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card Jackie, your scene is so dreamy!! Love the added waves and shell! It's been so wonderful working with you on the team, I wish you all the best. See you around blog land. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Jackie love the image and beautiful design.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just done a class on Block Stamping, it makes for some brilliant backgrounds doesn't it.
    hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete