Xmas 2015

Copyright

I hope you enjoy reading this blog and find inspiration and ideas from what you have seen here but I would ask you to please respect my copyright and not use my pictures for publishing as your own work, or for entry into challenges.

Sunday 11 August 2013

Gilded fish...


This week I did a card for a fisherman - it was a digi image from LaPashe, and I was pleased with my colouring - I think my shading is definitely improving.  But I didn't like the fish, it looked flat.

Then I had a lightbulb moment, and thought "gilding flakes"!!!

Using a quickie glue pen I coloured in the fish again, and waited for it to go clear.  Then I used some morris dancer gilding flakes from Indigo blu, buffed the image with my scootchie sponge and hey presto!  A really lifelike fish!

The photo I took under the ottlite was the best one, as that really brought out the gleaming fish.

Otherwise, it was a straightforward card - 6" square base card, layered with some green textured card from my stash.  I did some faux stitching around the edge and used punches for the circular sentiment (handwritten..) and a stamped Happy Birthday on some scrap card for the other one.

No comments:

Post a Comment