Xmas 2015

Copyright

I hope you enjoy reading this blog and find inspiration and ideas from what you have seen here but I would ask you to please respect my copyright and not use my pictures for publishing as your own work, or for entry into challenges.

Sunday 21 April 2013

New baby girl box card



 One of my friends recently had her second baby, and as she had a little boy last time was delighted that this one was a girl.

I made her a box card - this is a very versatile card, and I have previously used it for other things, like tealights.  This time though, my box contained a tiny pair of newborn socks!  I used a nestie to cut out the circle in the box and backed it with acetate.

I used a textured card for the base, and embellished it with backing paper from my Hollybush Hill Joanna Sheen cd  and some pink pearlescent card (12 x12 cardstock from Create and Craft).  The image for the tag came from the same cd.

On the front of the card I used various nestie dies to cut out the shapes and mat and layered with the pink and base card.  The small pink flower came from my stash, and the lace that is going up the base of the spine is a paper lace on a roll.

I used white ribbon to tie the front and back together - this was applied underneath the backing paper so it didn't show.

Finally, the box card has to go in a box!  I made mine using a plain white card, but used the last of my pink pearlescent for a mat on the top.  I ran it through my bug in an embossing folder to give it some texture and finished with a small diecut image.  The final touch was the small diamante flower from my stash.



No comments:

Post a Comment