Xmas 2015

Copyright

I hope you enjoy reading this blog and find inspiration and ideas from what you have seen here but I would ask you to please respect my copyright and not use my pictures for publishing as your own work, or for entry into challenges.

Tuesday 19 April 2011

Paper Roses

I have really got into making paper roses and other flowers lately. The only problem is that they can stand proud of a card, and I thought I would try to see if I could protect them a bit. These cards are different occasions - one a wedding and one a leaving card, but I used the same format. Both are A5 in size with an aperture bow front.
This was the leaving card, utilising brown and cream as the colourscheme. My trademark butterfly was diecut in cream and left plain.  The outside edge of the aperture was embossed using an embossing folder.

This is a close up of the flowers on the outside of the bow front. The rose on the inside is larger, and acetate protects it by being stuck inside the aperture.  The centre of the flowers were small amber coloured gems.










This card was for a wedding. The colour scheme was cream and gold. It is the same style as the leaving card, but I did include some additional embossing on the front, using cuttlebug embossing folders for the sentiment.  My butterfly was diecut from gold card.



Not all of the flowers for this one were hand made - the gold net flowers were bought from Hobbycraft.


The heart was embossed using the EaziScore board, and then outlined with border peeloff stickers.  The couple's initials were put in the centre of the two smaller hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment